WHAT IS A GUARDIAN HOME?
Here at CML we feel that in order to succeed as an exceptional breeder of labradoodles, and to properly develop the labradoodle breed, it requires us to have a number of dogs in our breeding program. It is our goal to successfully further and develop our lines while having our breeding dogs live in a family environment. We have found that the Guardian Home Program is the best way to accomplish this. This is a very unique program that allows our breeding dogs to live as much loved family members with our locally selected families while participating in our breeding program. This is our way of ensuring that our breeding dogs live with their families in forever homes and still participate in the future development of the breed under our watchful eye.
The program is only available to families and individuals who live within a 2 hour drive from Pueblo West. We ask that you assess your lifestyle, reliable transportation and permanency in the area to ensure that you are able to meet the requirements of caring for a pet, but also meeting the requirements of the Guardian Home Program agreement. We do require the dogs to come back to us for short visits so they can participate in the assessment and testing process, and eventually the breeding program, but always the Guardian Home dogs return to their family after these short breaks. After your dog has fulfilled the requirements under the Guardian Home Program, we then pay to spay/neuter them for you, and they continue to live with your family in their forever home.
You must have a safe and secure environment for a Guardian Home dog to ensure their safety and health. While we prefer families with previous dog ownership experience, we are happy to work closely with families and individuals who are new to dog ownership. Our Guardian Home Program dogs are to be kept as house pets and family members.
Guardian Home Requirements:
- Live within a 2 hour driving distance from Pueblo West, Colorado
- Provide a fully secure fenced yard
- Feed only quality food
- Provide basic obedience training, proper socialization to people, children and dogs
- Understand the issues and responsibilities of caring for a breeding dog
- Willingness to return the dog to CML during breeding and whelping
- Agree to regular health, veterinary care and vaccinations
- Communicate freely with CML about the health and conditions of the dog
Benefits of Being a Guardian Home:
- Receive the best quality breeding puppy chosen by CML for FREE!!!
- CML will pay for the spay/neuter when the dog is retired from breeding
- Discounts to guardian family wanting an additional puppy from CML
- Providing a breeding dog a family for LIFE, never experiencing life in a kennel or being re-homed after they are retired
Common Questions about the Guardian Home Program:
- How long is the contract for? Six years
- How many litters are female dogs expected to have during the contract? Four litters
- What age do you start breeding the females? On their second heat (around 14-18 months old)
- Where are the litters whelped? At CML
- How often will the female dog be needed by CML? For testing (1-2 days), for breeding (a week), whelping/puppy rearing (2 months)
If you are interested in our Guardian Home Program, please fill out the Guardian Home Application form, or email us for more for any question or more information...